Louisiana National Guard Officers,
The Louisiana National Guard has begun its annual membership drive; the success of our Association relies on our strength! When you become a member of NGALA, your dues provide essential funding for initiatives within the state. NGALA’s purpose is:
1. To promote and support adequate State and National security.
2. To encourage friendly, social relations among military officers and members of the Association by participating in activities of a logistical support or patriotic nature.
3. To foster, promote and improve the National Guard of the State of Louisiana and the National Guard of the United States as a component of the armed forces of the United States.
4. To promote such legislation, both Federal and State, as shall aid the National Guard of the State of Louisiana and of the United States.
5. To encourage growth and development of officers and warrant officers of the National Guard of the State of Louisiana and of the United States.
6. To assist disabled and needy war veterans through morale, welfare, and recreation support to the State of Louisiana War Veterans Homes.
7. To promote a group life insurance program for the welfare of the members of the Louisiana National Guard.
We want to rally new Officers participation by offering complimentary membership for those appointed in 2014. For Officers retiring in 2015, we encourage their continued membership support by registering Retired/Separated Lifetime or Annual (NGAUS/NGALA) in lieu of active membership, when updating their registration. It is imperative that all active members register and renew their membership.
We need every member of our Association to register in order for Louisiana to maintain its 100% Membership. We have had great success collecting payments due to the ease of credit card payment capabilities on the website. It is our hope that this year we’ll be even more successful. We ask that members try to keep check payments to a minimum. Check payments should be provided and tracked at the DRU. For members who wish to pay via credit card, log on and click Member Info on the right, and selecting rank and membership type.
Deadline for NGALA dues is 23 February 2015. If there are any issues or questions concerning the website or your personal login, please contact CPT David Neufeld at 225-716-2014 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you all for your continued support.
Opportunity for Graduate Degree NGAUS Scholarships
University of Phoenix, NGAUS Scholarship
Three (3) Full-tuition Scholarships
Recipients will pursue a master's degree at University of Phoenix
Recipients may choose to attend a University of Phoenix on-ground campus or may attend online.
Applicants must be NGAUS members and current Guardsman ranked O-5 and below or Warrant Officers.
Applicants, once enrolled, must not receive a total of 100% tuition reimbursement from and source(s) including but no limited to: corporate reimbursement, other scholarships and/or private grants with the exception of Veteran's Administration GI Benefits or Veteran's Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits and Title IV financial aid funding.
Applicants must no be currently enrolled nor in the process of enrolling at any University of Phoenix campus or in any online program at any time prior to the scholarship award date. Applicants who enroll after submitting and application or before the scholarship award date are not eligible to be a recipient of this scholarship.
To apply or get more information go to: www.phoenix.edu/ngauscholar.
Open application: 3 Feb 2015.
Application Deadline: 2 Mar 2015.
Scholarship Award Date: 16 Apr 2015.